We. FOR EDITORS
The Journals regarding the United states College of Cardiology will be the formal peer-reviewed magazines of this United states College of Cardiology (ACC). The choices associated with Journal editors and their particular panels are designed in addition to the ACC, its publishing partner, or interests that are commercial. The ACC Publication & Education Coordination Committee, which states in to the ACC Board of Trustee plus the ACC Compensation Committee, maintains oversight the Journals, and contains authorized these running policies, that are proposed because of the JACC Journals Editors in Chief. The JACC Journals Editors in Chief have the effect of the selection and handling of their respective panels.
A. Relationships with Industry
The Editors-in-Chief, Executive Editors, Deputy Editors and Associate Editors must reveal any appropriate relationships with industry (RWI) or potential disputes, and upgrade those RWI for a yearly foundation within the ACC database.
Then he or she is not permitted to provide compensated editorial services for another cardiovascular or CV subspecialty journal, unless he or she obtain a waiver from the Editor-in-Chief and the ACC Board of Trustees if a member of the JACC journals’ Editorial Board receives compensation for serving on the Board. a template page for waivers can be acquired upon demand through the ACC Publishing Director.
B. Guest Editors
Guest Editors’ editorial decisions are anticipated to be manufactured with no impact because of the interior JACC panels. JACC journals’ papers are put into the Guest Editor procedure if:
- The paper contains an writer whom functions as an Editor-in-Chief, Deputy/Executive, or Associate Editor on that board.
- The paper contains a writer through the institution that is editor-in-Chief’s
- The paper contains an writer from an organization wherein almost all of Associate Editors practice/work.
- The paper contains an writer that is a JACC journals’ Editor-in-Chief
If needed, these documents should also go through a analytical review with a Guest Statistical Editor.
In cases where a reviewer or editor raises an issue about plagiarism, see your face should always be informed that the Journal editors will perform a study. The paper will undergo an evaluation because of the CrossCheck software, followed closely by or associated with an editor’s review that is comparative. After those actions, the paper must be brought for conversation into the editorial board for the opinion choice.
The first step is to contact the author if clear plagiarism is identified (in other terms., perhaps not paraphrasing/copying of brief expressions just without attribution or redundancy, wherein there was copying from the author’s very own work), wherein there clearly was unattributed usage of big portions of text and/or information, presented as though these were by the writer. (The editors additionally may choose to contact the writer if small copying is identified in neutral terms/expressing dissatisfaction and describing the Journal’s position to inquire of writer to rephrase copied expressions or consist of as direct quotations with recommendations.)
Whenever calling the matching writer in writing, the JACC editors should enclose a finalized authorship declaration (or resume cover letter) saying that the presented work is original/the author’s own, in addition to documentary proof plagiarism. With regards to the author’s reaction or absence thereof, the editors can see whether or otherwise not to make contact with the co-authors or formally contact the corresponding author’s organization. In the event that decision would be to contact matching author’s institution, the JACC journals’ ethics committee is informed, if you don’t just before that choice.
D. Corrections & Retractions
Four forms of modifications are posted for significant errors associated with JACC journals during the discernment of this editors.
- Erratum. Notification of a essential mistake made by the log, frequently associated with the info, which impacts the book record or perhaps the systematic integrity of this paper, or perhaps the standing of the writers, or regarding the Journal. The matching writer will be notified if any erratum had been to be granted, without his/her initial participation. Errata will likely be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
- Corrigendum. Notification of an error that is important by the author(s), frequently linked to the info, which impacts the book record or perhaps the medical integrity for the paper, or the standing of the writers or perhaps the Journal. The author that is corresponding be notified if any corrigenda had been become given, without his/her initial participation. In instances where coauthors disagree, the editors will determine whether a review that is additional necessary by the editorial board http://eliteessaywriters.com/blog/proposal-essay-topics or by a completely independent peer reviewer to impose the right amendment, noting the dissenting author(s) within the text associated with the posted variation. Corrigenda is likely to be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
- Correction. On the web modifications occur with information that will not influence the publication record or the medical integrity regarding the paper, or perhaps the standing of the writers or the log. The corresponding writer will be notified if any erratum had been become given, without his/her initial participation. Typically, modifications are produced online as soon as the writers have actually submitted institution or name inaccurately. On line modifications should be updated on JACC.org and Science Direct, but will never be updated on PubMed.
- Retraction. Book of invalid outcomes or circumstances when the Editor determines that that the paper needs a retraction that is formal the record. Nonetheless, the Editor will alert ACC counsel that is leadership/General within the retraction consideration procedure. The Editor will figure out perhaps the manuscript eliminates discoverable because of people, or if the retraction notice should stay with its place. The author that is corresponding be notified if any retraction were become given, without his/her initial participation. Where coauthors disagree, the editors will determine whether a extra review is necessary by the editorial board or by an unbiased peer reviewer to impose the right amendment, noting the dissenting author(s) within the text regarding the posted variation. Retractions would be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
(adjusted from Nature & Elsevier policies)
E. Preprint Server Policy
Public dissemination of manuscripts ahead of, simultaneous with, or after distribution to this journal, such as for example publishing the manuscript on preprint servers or other repositories, is frustrated. We ask that writers disclose this information throughout the distribution procedure, given that JACC Journals will maybe not accept submissions which have formerly published for a preprint host.
F. Statistical Reviews
JACC journals’ original research documents ( maybe maybe maybe not review articles) are generally delivered for statistical review after a paper is provisionally accepted. Nonetheless, if an editor thinks that the review that is statistical required to determine if the paper should always be accepted, the statistician should always be invited because a reviewer regarding the paper. The range of this statistical review should be regarding the methodological application and results, definitely not the medical findings associated with research.
G. Social Media Marketing
The JACC journals staff maintains 2 media that are social: JACC Journals Facebook web page additionally the @JACCjournals Twitter web web page. Content is established by the JACC social media marketing editors, that are editorial board people and never ACC staff, to make certain medical and systematic precision. The recommendations for social media marketing, plus the JACC Journals recommendations. The ACC staff posts the information and manages the platforms. The United states healthcare Association (AMA) maxims of medical ethics act as a guide for content creation and circulation in the JACC social networking platforms.